Coquet and Coast Forum
Don't forget to check out our sister site: Amble and District

Go Back   Coquet and Coast Forum > Intro Zone and General topics > New member zone

We no longer use activation emails. Please allow 24h after sign up and your account should work

Old 26-12-2014, 12:36 AM

Default Hall family Bamburgh

A new member with an interest in the Hall family of Bamburgh. My family history research started with looking at my mother's family. Her mother was Jane Brown Hall and three of her brothers came to Western Australia.
Old 26-12-2014, 08:30 AM

Hi and welcome Pauline, is this Philip one of yours?
http://www.coquetandcoast.co.uk/ambl...ht=philip+hall
Old 26-12-2014, 12:16 PM

Yes this Philip Hall is the one. So lovely to have this information about him. My parents gave a second name of Philip to my youngest brother. John Hall and his wife nominated us to come to Western Australia in 1952. The Hall brothers were working as millhands at Jarrahdale in the hills out from Perth when they enlisted.
Old 26-12-2014, 07:12 PM

Well Pauline, did you notice he was a paperhanger? he served his apprenticeship with my great grandfather in our family business.
Old 29-12-2014, 11:33 AM

Correction to my previous message. It was John Hall's wife Kate that nominated us. Yes noted the information regarding working for Young's. Lovely to have another little bit of information to add to my records of the Hall's. There is an article in the Alnwick & County Gazette dated July 6th 1918 with photos of the four Hall brothers.
Old 11-01-2015, 06:56 PM
Administrator

The photos that are online on other websites of the Bamburgh war memorial also show a Hall on the 1939-45 panel. Is he related to the WW1 casualties?
Old 16-01-2015, 11:12 AM

I am not sure if Robert Hall is related. I need to do more research on William & Margaret Hall the grandparents of Philip Hall. On the 16th May 2015 it will be 100 years since Philip's death and some family members are planning to visit either Blackboy Hill where he enlisted or Jarrahdale where the three Hall's all worked prior to enlisting. There will be family members at Gallipoli this year for the dawn service on the 25th April. Last Saturday three of us related to the Hall's attended a service at the Perth War Memorial in King's Park, Perth to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Cheops Pyramid photo of 11th Battalion members. John Hall served with this Battalion but not until 1916. PaulineP