Coquet and Coast Forum
Don't forget to check out our sister site: Amble and District

Go Back   Coquet and Coast Forum > Local History, Genealogy, People and Places > Amble and Hauxley

We no longer use activation emails. Please allow 24h after sign up and your account should work

Old 08-11-2015, 09:36 PM

Default Your thoughts on development of Amble please

Hello

I'd very much appreciate reading your thoughts on all the development that has been occurring in Amble these past couple of years.

1. The Coble Quay green and orange monstrosities - permission has been registered for a further gigantic double block EVEN BIGGER than the current double block under construction that is next to the single existing block; so please make an objection if you don't want this as the deadline to do so is in the next few days.

2. The Paddlers - Is it a better place now? Is it money well spent? Is it what you expected?

3. The bus shelter mural - do you care, or not? Do you think it was money well spent? Should the community have been consulted and had a hand in making it?

4. All the new housing that has been built, or is in the process of being built - Is it good for Amble? Will the big influx of new residents change Amble for the better?

5. The so-called 'Harbour Village' and its supposed fish centre - please share all your thoughts on these and on this development that the Trust keeps telling us is good for Amble and is good for the community.

6. Any other recent developments not mentioned above

Thank you very much.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:31 PM

The Coble Quay green and orange monstrosities - I absolutely love them and can't wait to move in! They are so well built and have amazing views. Don't be too worried by the colour it will mellow.

The Paddlers - Well it looked great in old pics loads of kids and families using them. What is there now is better than when they were lying empty and unused, but I don't really think it is anything special.

The bus shelter mural - Yep I like that. Cheers the old place up. Should people have been consulted, well it really is the artist's design. Nope I like it as it is.

All the new housing that has been built, or is in the process of being built - Yes it is good to get new folk into Amble - just got to be sure schools and doctors services can cope that's all.

The so-called 'Harbour Village' and its supposed fish centre - Well I love the so-called 'Harbour Village', the pods are so quirky and bring in the tourist holiday feel. As for the Sea Food centre this is a bit of a wash out. Should have made sure they could get the fish to sell. It will end up as something else I think.

Any other recent developments - Love all the new restaurants we have. Amble is getting quite a food hub. Yum Yum!
Old 09-01-2016, 05:57 PM

Well said Megz Onwards and upwards!