Coquet and Coast Forum
Don't forget to check out our sister site: Amble and District

Go Back   Coquet and Coast Forum > Local History, Genealogy, People and Places > Amble and Hauxley

We no longer use activation emails. Please allow 24h after sign up and your account should work

Old 18-04-2020, 11:25 PM

Default Old photo

Here's an image just uncovered tonight. I'm curious to know what the buildings are on the left side of the photo. They look like some sort of concrete structures. Any ideas?
I bought a wooden box of slides at a boot sale at Tranwell many years ago. There is hundreds of them , most from the 60's,70's . Most from all over the world ....Corfu ,Yugoslavia, Crete, Corsica, Greece, Malta.etc. I did have a sneak peak at them years ago but my old scanner was for XP so was no good. I bought a new one from Aldi a few years ago but lost the install CD. I've just bought another one and installed it tonight. I grabbed a few boxes of slides and viewed some. I am amazed that some of the unlabled boxes contain a mixture of Northumberland slides, coast & castles. I was going to sell them on that well known auction site but must view them all first.
You will notice the text on the picture , for test purposes.

Last edited by rickt; 19-04-2020 at 10:03 AM.
Old 19-04-2020, 01:30 PM

The tall one is the base of the original lighthouse which was sited there before the pier was extended to where it is now. The other one is the wartime blockhouse which remained for many years after the war.
Old 19-04-2020, 05:09 PM

Cheers for that. Never knew there was a structure there. This must a picture from the late 50's or early 60's.