Coquet and Coast Forum
Don't forget to check out our sister site: Amble and District

Go Back   Coquet and Coast Forum > Intro Zone and General topics > General topics

We no longer use activation emails. Please allow 24h after sign up and your account should work

Old 25-05-2015, 11:27 AM

Smile Family history free research

Hi, I live in Berwick and for the past five years have researched family histories of friends and families. I am looking for someone who would be interested in my researching their families, no cost incurred, data presented printed in a ring binder and family tree chart printed professionally. Obviously privacy is guaranteed. This is my hobby, keeping me alert and happy during the long, cold, winter months.
Old 25-05-2015, 05:29 PM

Default fam history

Hi Rossbow 13,yes, I Alan Swan (NewburghLad) would be very interested in taking up your generous offer. I was born in Newburgh in 1938 to Edward and Barbara Swan. Father worked in ONE OF THE local coal mines and herein lies one of my main problems, in which of the mines was he employed ? I have done quite a bit of research myself but to be perfectly honest am very frustrated by coming up against brick walls and dead-ends.
I look forward with anticipation to further communication.
Old 26-05-2015, 11:00 AM

Smile Happy me

So happy to hear from you and thanks for taking the time! Perhaps I can give you my personal details so we can communicate more easily? rosslynbower@live.com, or 01289 304204. As I mentioned I live in Berwick so perhaps you could come around to discuss what you have found about your family if that's convenient or maybe we could meet half way for coffee? Basically I use three search engines, Ancestry being the most useful, order birth/marriage/death certificates if I need to verify information. If possible I follow both paternal and maternal lines but prefer not to follow Scottish and Welsh families (although having said that part of my family did come from Scotland) as the scotlandspeople site is very old fashioned and unfriendly to use. I can assure you all costs are incurred by myself (this being my hobby during the winter months) and of course your privacy is respected as I put a lock on living members of families. Looking forward to speaking/meeting up with you.

Rosslyn
Old 06-06-2015, 02:31 PM
Administrator

You can always write some short bios for our war dead for use on here if you run out of members' genealogy requests.

Just pick a memorial and start where you like! You will be credited with the work of course.

As an example, I've just given a picture of a Seaforth highlanders badge for use on her website to the lady writing this blog:

https://hamremembers.wordpress.com/2...kle-1898-1916/

Basically the material facts from the online sources collated into a more readable prose.
Old 29-12-2019, 10:02 AM

Default Family History Research

Thank you for your kind offer. I have one relative from Broomhill, East Chevington that I have struggled to find. His name was Robert Cummings and he was a widower on the earliest census in 1841 and was then a lodger down south and a year later he married my great grandmother. But I can find no birth or marriage certificates for him. If you could assist at all with this, that would be great.
Old 12-01-2020, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coquet View Post
You can always write some short bios for our war dead for use on here if you run out of members' genealogy requests.

Just pick a memorial and start where you like! You will be credited with the work of course.
Hi Coquet, I think I'm back if you want some more bios! Given up working for a living.

Tags
free genealogy research