Coquet and Coast Forum
Don't forget to check out our sister site: Amble and District

Go Back   Coquet and Coast Forum > Intro Zone and General topics > New member zone

We no longer use activation emails. Please allow 24h after sign up and your account should work

Old 26-04-2016, 06:31 PM

Default Intro

Would just like to say Thanks for letting me join, and give you a little bit of my background. I used to show my Dad this site before he passed away 2yr ago at the age of 94, he really enjoyed looking at the old photo's and could reminisce for hours about his younger days in Radcliffe and Amble. His name was John (Jack) Coulson the tales he used to tell me, well the youngsters of today wouldn't believe.
Most of my relations are still in the Amble area, Coulson, Barclay, Charlton, and Brysons to name but a few.
Hope you drop by to say hello, never know we might be related
Old 26-04-2016, 07:22 PM
Administrator

Hi Jaycee, welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear of your loss but glad he at least got a little pleasure from the website.
Many of us develop an interest in our 'place' and its people - including our own ancestry as we get older. Hopefully our ramblings on here will at the least inspire a few more to have a dig in our local history and maybe even record some findings on here!
Old 26-04-2016, 10:28 PM

Default Intro

Thanks Coquet yes your right, it seems the older I'm getting the more interesting the ancestors lives are. I've found out quite a bit about the mining and seafaring side of the family, and perhaps a few of the members might have some of their own stories to tell.
At some point it would be great if I could put some of the information and stories my Dad told me on here. Looking forward to being part of this forum
Regards Jacqui