Coquet and Coast Forum
Don't forget to check out our sister site: Amble and District

Go Back   Coquet and Coast Forum > Intro Zone and General topics > New member zone

We no longer use activation emails. Please allow 24h after sign up and your account should work

Old 23-04-2016, 07:20 AM

Default Hello from New Member

Hi I a Doris Willis from Birmingham. My Mom was born in a house on The Wynd in Amble in 1929. I have lots of relatives still in Amble, Morpeth, Warkworth and surrounding area. Does anyone know of a church that is in Amble where burials took place as I am trying to find my Grandmothers grave for my mom, Grace Meers (nee Alcock) who will be 87 in June. Her mother died in childbirth around 1936. Mom can't remember the name of the church so any help would be appreciated. Many thanks

Last edited by Dottyw; 23-04-2016 at 07:22 AM. Reason: spelling errors
Old 23-04-2016, 12:17 PM

Welcome to the Forum Doris. The Amble churches did not have attached graveyards, burials taking place in the East or West cemeteries. A date round 1936 would suggest the West Cemetery and there is nothing in our East Cemetery records about a burial of an Alcock.
Unfortunately we do not have the West Cemetery records which are held at the County Archives in Woodhorn.