Coquet and Coast Forum
Don't forget to check out our sister site: Amble and District

Go Back   Coquet and Coast Forum > Intro Zone and General topics > New member zone

We no longer use activation emails. Please allow 24h after sign up and your account should work

Old 13-10-2016, 02:50 PM

Default Wright familty

Hi, my name is Albert Wright and I live in Tamworth in Staffordshire. Like many people I am researching my family which until recently had no connection with Northumberland.
Old 15-10-2016, 04:04 PM

Hello Albert welcome to the forum. Somewhere along the line I think we are all connected to Northumberland , and proud to be....lol
let us know a bit more about your family ,someone will know a bit more about them
Old 16-10-2016, 08:24 AM

Default Wright family

Thanks for your reply.
Walter Henry Wright was born in Tamworth in 1883. The local newspaper has an announcement that he married Annie Johnstone in Gosforth Wesleyan Chapel in 1917 while he was serving with the Army Service Corps. The next trace I have of them is in the 1939 register when they were living in Byron Street, Amble. It appears that he died around 1950. He was my Great Uncle and sadly no one in the family ever talked about him. By chance I found mention of him on the website of a New Zealand lady, not as a direct ancestor but linked to one of her ancestors named Cotterill - but that's another story!

Last edited by Albert Wright; 16-10-2016 at 08:26 AM. Reason: spelling mistake