Coquet and Coast Forum
Don't forget to check out our sister site: Amble and District

Go Back   Coquet and Coast Forum > Intro Zone and General topics > New member zone

We no longer use activation emails. Please allow 24h after sign up and your account should work

Old 19-11-2012, 03:28 PM

Default Hello

Hi everyone. Just a brief note to introduce myself. One of my interests is family history, both my parents came from the Hauxley and Broomhill areas. My mother Jean Hopper was born Hauxley 1910, my father J D Forsyth Broomhill 1909. I have lots of info cencus, birth, marriage etc. Now am trying to put together more details and hopefully find photo's of that era to build more local history into the tree.
Thank you Dave F
Old 19-11-2012, 05:05 PM

Hi, good to get another new member, I am sure you will enjoy what this forum has to offer.
Did a member of your family, perhaps a cousin, marry a Rowell from Amble in the early 1900s era by any chance? There does seem to be a lot of Forsyths around the area though!
Old 19-11-2012, 05:50 PM

Default Marriages.

Thanks for the reply.
Not sure, Buy as you say a lot of Forsyth's in the area, have been researching the family for around 6 - 7 years, and still finding new members. That is a name I will put into my searches. Have got them back to the late 1600's in Norham and north Northumberland. If you need any cencus lookups, let me know, As far as I can make out my father was born at Togston Barns, but not 100% certain. I was born Bolton Mill,Abberwick,Alnwick. Dad and his brother Joseph farmed Low Broome Park, then Bolton Mill. We moved down to Ipswich, Suffolk in the late 50's. so most of the info I have is through research, have a few family papers,but not much to go on. The relatives I really know about are the Hoppers on my mothers side, have traced them into Canada. The Smarts Hauxley, and Annie Raffle, my paternal grandmother.
Hope that is some help...let me know if there is anything I can pass on
Regards Dave Forsyth
email dave@daveforsyth.co.uk
Old 19-11-2012, 08:30 PM
Administrator

Hi Dave welcome to the forum. Yes the Forsyths are definitely well represented in our local history!