Coquet and Coast Forum
Don't forget to check out our sister site: Amble and District

Go Back   Coquet and Coast Forum > Intro Zone and General topics > New member zone

We no longer use activation emails. Please allow 24h after sign up and your account should work

Old 12-03-2018, 08:57 PM

Default Hi from Albert Taylor

I was born 3/7/43 at 3 School Row Northbroomhil ,then we moved to 7 Coronation Terrace about three years later,at the age of seven we then moved to Hadston,84 Woodside Crescent, our next house was at 12 Cheviot Crescent.

My school years were spent at Broom hill CP, then at Red Row Secondary Modern.my first job was at the pit,which lasted for two years,then a brief spell in the Merchant Navy.1961 was when I joined the RAF Regiment serving for 29 years leaving with the rank of Flight Sergeant.

Now married for the second time and living near Spalding ,Lincolnshire. I have very fond memories of my early life in Northumberland..

Last edited by trabrolyat; 13-03-2018 at 08:12 AM.
Old 13-03-2018, 03:53 PM

Hi Albert, welcome to the forum. Unless I am mistaken you are the brother of Keith.
I was born in 6 Cottages 1940 then moved to Chibburn Avenue. Derek Sillet.

Last edited by Derilda; 13-03-2018 at 07:33 PM.
Old 13-03-2018, 03:58 PM

I remember you from the Army Cadets and Ashington training centre, summer intake of 1958, Hughie Murray, Ronnie Bell some of the ones there from Hadston. Alan Jamieson.
Old 13-03-2018, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derilda View Post
Hi Albert, welcome to the forum. Unless I am mistaken you are the brother of Keith.
I was born in 6 Cottages 1940 then moved to Chibburn Avenue. Derek Sillet.
Hi Derek,yes I'm Keiths brother, sadly Keith passed away in December 2016..He lived in Norton Canes in Staffordshire..
Old 13-03-2018, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan J. View Post
I remember you from the Army Cadets and Ashington training centre, summer intake of 1958, Hughie Murray, Ronnie Bell some of the ones there from Hadston. Alan Jamieson.
Hi Alan, I vaguely remember you ,60 years is a long time,so forgive my memory,are you still in contact with anyone else's?.
Old 14-03-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trabrolyat View Post
Hi Derek,yes I'm Keiths brother, sadly Keith passed away in December 2016..He lived in Norton Canes in Staffordshire..
So sorry to get your news re Keith. He was good fun to be with.
One memory I have is, he played football with me at school. In a match he got the ball and ran towards our goal with it. We were all shouting for him to turn and go the other way. He passed the ball and said, "It was easier going that way 'cos the opponents weren't tackling him." A good guy.
Old 14-03-2018, 04:04 PM

Most of the lads have disappeared for one reason or another but Willy Wade is still in the area, living at Shilbottle now but drinking in Amble. I believe Willy was a Coronation Tce, "Tin Pots" resident about your era.
Old 14-03-2018, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan J. View Post
Most of the lads have disappeared for one reason or another but Willy Wade is still in the area, living at Shilbottle now but drinking in Amble. I believe Willy was a Coronation Tce, "Tin Pots" resident about your era.
Bill Wade was "Tinpots",he lived next door to me in Hadston,if you see him ,give him my regards. I haven't seen him since 1963.....Thanks for that.
Old 14-03-2018, 06:06 PM

Quote:
So sorry to get your news re Keith. He was good fun to be with.
One memory I have is, he played football with me at school. In a match he got the ball and ran towards our goal with it. We were all shouting for him to turn and go the other way. He passed the ball and said, "It was easier going that way 'cos the opponents weren't tackling him." A good guy.
Thanks for that...By the I always knew you as Sam..I do remember talking to you in Hadston when you hadn't been in the RAF very long and you said your police dog was called Sadie.

Did you know that that Fred Barrass was killed in France, ran over by his own car apparently..Regards.
Old 15-03-2018, 05:14 PM

Angry Re: Fred Barras

Yeah, I heard about Fred and his wife being killed. I managed to get to a Memorial Service held in 'The Trap'.
You have a good memory Mister. I bet you made a few tremble whilst in the RAF. Were you RAF Reg't or Fire? I worked with Sadie for nearly four years, reverted to Station side at the end of National Service when they found out there was a shortage on that side. Ended 26 years by going to Recruiting for the last 3, bought a house in Norfolk and 'Won' a few months at St Athan???
Somebody at Innsworth had a sense of humour - well hidden.
Old 16-03-2018, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I heard about Fred and his wife being killed. I managed to get to a Memorial Service held in 'The Trap'.
You have a good memory Mister. I bet you made a few tremble whilst in the RAF. Were you RAF Reg't or Fire? I worked with Sadie for nearly four years, reverted to Station side at the end of National Service when they found out there was a shortage on that side. Ended 26 years by going to Recruiting for the last 3, bought a house in Norfolk and 'Won' a few months at St Athan???
Somebody at Innsworth had a sense of humour - well hidden.
I was a real Rockapeand enjoyed every minute.I must make a point of going back to broomhill.I haven't been in the Trap since 1962.

Tags
johnoviking