Coquet and Coast Forum
Don't forget to check out our sister site: Amble and District

Go Back   Coquet and Coast Forum > Intro Zone and General topics > New member zone

We no longer use activation emails. Please allow 24h after sign up and your account should work

Old 14-01-2013, 07:44 PM

Default Yet another newbie

hello everyone.Born in North Broomhill, Six Cottages, then to a new council semi at Hadston. Worked at Broomhill Colliery 1955-1959 then joined RAF. Now retired and living with my wife of 51 years, and who was born and raised in Amble. Our house is in Thetford, Norfolk but we always refer to going home when we travel back to the area of Amble. We try to do so still, every 6 months or so and will do so for as long as we can.
Old 18-01-2013, 10:53 PM
Administrator

A very nice part of the world to live Norfolk I imagine. Used to travel twice a month to the gas rigs for a long period of time. Always promised myself to get back to Ely Cathedral for a better look. The scenery from Ely to Great Yarmouth is most interesting.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derilda View Post
hello everyone.Born in North Broomhill, Six Cottages, then to a new council semi at Hadston. Worked at Broomhill Colliery 1955-1959 then joined RAF. Now retired and living with my wife of 51 years, and who was born and raised in Amble. Our house is in Thetford, Norfolk but we always refer to going home when we travel back to the area of Amble. We try to do so still, every 6 months or so and will do so for as long as we can.
Hi Derilda I see that you were born in North Broomhill, and also moved from there to Hadston Estate. In the early 50s our family moved to 9, Druridge Avenue, my dad and brother Albert and Lawrence Young also worked at Broomhill Colliery. My name is Billy Young, I think we may know each other.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:06 PM

Smile William the Younger

Yes, I went to school with Lawrence, first of all at Broomhill Junior School then Red Row. The family moved from Stone Row to Druridge Avenue. I was raised in Six Cottages then moved to Chibburn Avenue in 1954.
Albert was the name of Lawrence's Dad, is that right? I lost touch with everyone when I enlisted in the RAF. Went to The Trap for the memorial service for Fred Barrass and his wife and met Derek Griffiths. We have changed somewhat since school days but played together in the school football team. Happy days.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:17 PM

Default Private messages.

Derilda, check your prvate messages,
Alan J.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derilda View Post
Yes, I went to school with Lawrence, first of all at Broomhill Junior School then Red Row. The family moved from Stone Row to Druridge Avenue. I was raised in Six Cottages then moved to Chibburn Avenue in 1954.
Albert was the name of Lawrence's Dad, is that right? I lost touch with everyone when I enlisted in the RAF. Went to The Trap for the memorial service for Fred Barrass and his wife and met Derek Griffiths. We have changed somewhat since school days but played together in the school football team. Happy days.
I to lived at Chibburn Avenue before moving to Bondicar Road then Druridge Avenue where my Grandparents lived.Moved away to my present address 43 years ago when my father got a colliery house at Ashington.