Coquet and Coast Forum
Don't forget to check out our sister site: Amble and District

Go Back   Coquet and Coast Forum > Intro Zone and General topics > General topics

We no longer use activation emails. Please allow 24h after sign up and your account should work

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2017, 04:28 PM

Default DNA testing

I know a lot of people on this site are doing family research and thought I would give a thumbs up for DNA testing on Ancestry.
The results allow you to verify a relative on your family tree. The forth cousins of closer allows you to see shared DNA matches which zooms in to close cousins. I have recently found the Father of a 3rd cousin who was adopted at 3 months old and these ancestry tools allowed me to see shared DNA matches which led to her biological Father after 68 years of not knowing.
On the ‘Ancestry Member Trees’ hits you just click on their name and it tells you if you have a DNA match (if they have been tested) which immediately confirms your research.
OK it’s expensive at £99 but they have offers on when you can get it for around £70 and if you get a few kits you save an additional £10 each on postage (once you have your own you will want to test others believe me)
You can put your data on GEDmatch where all the data can be analysed in detail and I have confirmed even more branches using that site.