Coquet and Coast Forum
Don't forget to check out our sister site: Amble and District

Go Back   Coquet and Coast Forum > Intro Zone and General topics > New member zone

We no longer use activation emails. Please allow 24h after sign up and your account should work

Old 05-09-2019, 06:47 PM

Post Family Tree - Cummings

I've come to brick wall in researching one of my ancestors from this area and hope that someone may be able to assist. My great grandfather was Robert Cummings and he was listed on 3 census records as coming from Broomhill, East Chevington, Northumberland. Born about 1860. The first one I can find of him lists him as a lodger in the South near Chesham as a lodger age about 30 and he shortly after married my great grandmother and settled in the South.

It has been difficult to find him on any searches and even employing a genealogist. He can find a Robert born in the area at that time to an Archbould - but he was illegitimate. And suggests he may have changed his name later to Cummings? However, having just recently visited Northumberland area, just north of here I now know that Cummings is a common name. He was also a widower by the time he moved South. However, I can find no marriage details, or birth or a child or anything. Is anyone able to assist at all?
Old 29-10-2020, 06:35 PM

Default A shot in the dark

A newspaper article from Belford in North Northumberland -

Hadz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8006BD55-534E-45EC-9AC1-44064E859E1D.jpg (96.8 KB, 6 views)