Coquet and Coast Forum
Don't forget to check out our sister site: Amble and District

Go Back   Coquet and Coast Forum > Intro Zone and General topics > General topics

We no longer use activation emails. Please allow 24h after sign up and your account should work

Old 27-10-2021, 06:22 AM

Default Northumberland Aviation Stories Vol.2

(Moderators: please remove this post if it breaks rules about promotions, etc.)

I'm an author who lives in the local area. I've been fascinated by the aviation history here for as long as I can remember, and have incorporated some of the tales into a new collection of stories, available as an eBook or paperback from the link below. Volume 2 has chapters on No.43 Squadron at Acklington in January and February 1940 ("The Not-So Phoney War"), the full history of the Turbinlite unit based there later on in the war (No.1460 Flight/No.539 Squadron), the crash of the Hampden bomber at Togston and the history of the Druridge Bay Fly-In among others. I've also written a history of RAF Morpeth which is available as an eBook although a new, expanded paperback version with more details should be due out for Christmas (I'll be looking through the National Archives files in London before then).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09KDY7XHQ

Last edited by Graeme; 27-10-2021 at 06:23 AM. Reason: extra example of info in book