Coquet and Coast Forum
Don't forget to check out our sister site: Amble and District

Go Back   Coquet and Coast Forum > Intro Zone and General topics > New member zone

We no longer use activation emails. Please allow 24h after sign up and your account should work

Old 03-01-2016, 12:49 PM

Default Hello!

I've just joined, having found the Forum by accident in the last couple of days. I'm Ron Marshall, now living in Herefordshire, but I lived in Amble from 1950 to 1966, attending Cross Street Infants, Edwin Street Primary and later the Duke's School in Alnwick.

My Dad ran the Marshall's electrical contractors business (which used to be JT Tulley) based in the shop at the top of Church Street on the corner with Wellwood Street. He settled in the area after working on wiring Swarland Tweed Mills when he was working for a Manchester firm of electrical contractors. In the last few years before his retirement he served on both Amble Urban District Council and Warkworth Harbour Commissioners.

I have, somewhere, a number of photos taken around the harbour and Braid areas in the late 1960's (just before the staithes were being dismantled), which I'll now try to dig out and post in the Forum.

What a great Forum!... my initial browse brought back lots of fond memories of a very happy place to spend my childhood!
Old 03-01-2016, 07:40 PM
Administrator

Hi Ron, Welcome to the forum, great to have you here!
Old 23-01-2016, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmbler View Post
I've just joined, having found the Forum by accident in the last couple of days. I'm Ron Marshall, now living in Herefordshire, but I lived in Amble from 1950 to 1966, attending Cross Street Infants, Edwin Street Primary and later the Duke's School in Alnwick.

My Dad ran the Marshall's electrical contractors business (which used to be JT Tulley) based in the shop at the top of Church Street on the corner with Wellwood Street. He settled in the area after working on wiring Swarland Tweed Mills when he was working for a Manchester firm of electrical contractors. In the last few years before his retirement he served on both Amble Urban District Council and Warkworth Harbour Commissioners.

I have, somewhere, a number of photos taken around the harbour and Braid areas in the late 1960's (just before the staithes were being dismantled), which I'll now try to dig out and post in the Forum.

What a great Forum!... my initial browse brought back lots of fond memories of a very happy place to spend my childhood!
Went to School with Greg(?) Marshall he went on after Edwin Street to Grammar School. Lived in Aiden Road? Sure his dad was Marshalls Electricians You his Brother?
Old 07-02-2017, 04:11 PM

Default Tulley's / Marshall's Electrical Contractors

Hi leslie!

Sorry for the very late reply. No, that was me! Greagg was my middle name, but I discouraged its use when I left school as people couldn't spell it!