Coquet and Coast Forum
Don't forget to check out our sister site: Amble and District

Go Back   Coquet and Coast Forum > Intro Zone and General topics > General topics

We no longer use activation emails. Please allow 24h after sign up and your account should work

Old 29-05-2015, 09:43 AM

Default Harbour Origins

The National Archives magazine ANCESTORS August 2006 contained an article on p 31 about one of the Court Actions connected with the building of the Harbour. TNA holds the papers on Kingscote and Browne vs. Welch in Chancery and these include a large bundle of original design drawings by Sir John Rennie. To me, one of the most interesting things was a list of vast quantities of equipment which was lost in storms and damaged by ships in the harbour!
As the magazine is now so old I could copy and send the original article if anyone is interested.
Old 29-05-2015, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailbob View Post
The National Archives magazine ANCESTORS August 2006 contained an article on p 31 about one of the Court Actions connected with the building of the Harbour. TNA holds the papers on Kingscote and Browne vs. Welch in Chancery and these include a large bundle of original design drawings by Sir John Rennie. To me, one of the most interesting things was a list of vast quantities of equipment which was lost in storms and damaged by ships in the harbour!
As the magazine is now so old I could copy and send the original article if anyone is interested.
The TNA reference is PRO C13 - 3103
Old 31-05-2015, 07:51 AM
Administrator

The smell of money did bring a few disputes to proto-Amble!
There is another dispute with Welch transcribed somewhere on this forum.

Have you had the National Archive documents out for a look? Sound interesting.

I've sent you a pm regarding the other article.