Coquet and Coast Forum
Don't forget to check out our sister site: Amble and District

Go Back   Coquet and Coast Forum > Local History, Genealogy, People and Places > Togston, Broomhill, Hadston and Red Row

We no longer use activation emails. Please allow 24h after sign up and your account should work

Old 11-04-2013, 08:25 AM

Default the day the Navy landed.

Can anyone remember the day the Navy arrived by helicopter (79 or 80) on the school field? It was a Wasp just like this one...
http://db.tt/EnJYfGoY

Altough at the time things can seem insignificant, often they can have an enormous impact on one's life. That was the day I thought, oh that looks like fun.

Last edited by Rachel; 11-04-2013 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Sp.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:32 PM

just remmber that day
Old 11-09-2013, 07:45 PM

Default Edwin Street School

And I'm with you Janwhin. (we were in the same year right through school) Miss Fettis could make me turn to jelly. She used to slap me with a ruler at any opportunity.Miss Purves gave me the strap for underlining my spellings! But mr Pyle was my favourite teacher ever! He gave me his own recorder because we couldn't afford one and he encouraged me to sing. I could not have told you any of the boys' names, except for Antony Bowman. Your memory for names is much better than mine Janwhin!

Last edited by Sleighbelle; 11-09-2013 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Sorry, seem to have crossed my threads somehow! Help
Old 12-09-2013, 11:51 AM

Default Edwin Street

Help me too Sleighbelle.....which post are you responding to

Can you recall Mr Donald as well, he was the teacher who must have taken us through the 11+

Some of the boys I remember: David Blades; David Purvis, John Highgate, John Alcock; Bartle Rippon; Anthony Bowman.
Some of the girls: Caroline Patterson; Vivian O'Keefe; Linda Craiggs; Jennifer Cuthbertson; Margaret Henderson; Valerie White; Valerie Wiles; Ann Hall; Susan Appleby; Susan Lonsdale.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janwhin View Post
Help me too Sleighbelle.....which post are you responding to

Can you recall Mr Donald as well, he was the teacher who must have taken us through the 11+

Some of the boys I remember: David Blades; David Purvis, John Highgate, John Alcock; Bartle Rippon; Anthony Bowman.
Some of the girls: Caroline Patterson; Vivian O'Keefe; Linda Craiggs; Jennifer Cuthbertson; Margaret Henderson; Valerie White; Valerie Wiles; Ann Hall; Susan Appleby; Susan Lonsdale.
Page 1 of this topic thread. You were keen not to let the younger ones have all their own way on reminiscences of school! Was there a girl, maybe Hilary Forsyth, who lived at the farm along the Links?
Old 12-09-2013, 02:35 PM

Ah, now I remember. Seems to be a repeat of this exchange! Can't recall a Forsyth though.
Old 25-04-2015, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amble View Post
any members go to coquet high school when was at hadstone 1980
Hi I left Coquet High in 1980. 👧