Coquet and Coast Forum
Don't forget to check out our sister site: Amble and District

Go Back   Coquet and Coast Forum > Intro Zone and General topics > New member zone

We no longer use activation emails. Please allow 24h after sign up and your account should work

Old 28-07-2015, 12:41 PM
Administrator

Default EU Cookie Laws

I'm getting a few nudges to comply with the EU Cookie Laws and get a cookie consent script added to the website. Sorry about that, I know it's a real pain ..but the law is the law.

It should appear at the bottom of pages on the site as a black bar, click 'got it' and that's it. (until you clear your browser history then you have to do it again. ) I've written some stuff about cookies on the 'more info' link. I did that while watching the telly last night. Hope it makes sense. There is little advertising on here, but just in case I've 'warned' about it.

I wish those EU types would put as much energy into stopping email spammers as they have done with this pointless legislation.
Old 28-07-2015, 12:51 PM
Administrator

Allegedly the grace period is over regarding this cookie law and website owners that don't now have an active cookie consent feature on their sites will face prosecution. Charming that is.
Old 29-07-2015, 07:10 AM

http://www.cookielaw.org/the-cookie-law/
Old 29-07-2015, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie View Post
Stupid thing is, websites without cookies still record your IP address, and that is the single most identifiable piece of data you leave behind when you visit a website. These site access logs (with the ips) are on the server. I just delete our logs when they look like they are getting big. Not sure if you're supposed to.