Coquet and Coast Forum
Don't forget to check out our sister site: Amble and District

Go Back   Coquet and Coast Forum > Local History, Genealogy, People and Places > Warkworth and Birling

We no longer use activation emails. Please allow 24h after sign up and your account should work

Old 01-01-2020, 03:52 PM

Default Warkworth records query

Hi, i have a transcript of the Warkworth church records, there is a gap in the births, right were i need (typical), i was wondering if the gap is just in the transcript or in the original records held at the record office. Anyone know? Cheers
Old 01-01-2020, 04:06 PM

Hi - Yes, I also noticed gaps in the B.T's and so looked at Woodhorn, but still couldn't find the missing ones, even though I was advised they should be there.
Old 01-01-2020, 04:13 PM

I was about to add the years i am missing are 1733 to 1736 in the transcript of the original registers from a CD. So this gap is in the records held at Woodhorn too? Bugger. Anyway, thank you for your prompt response!

Last edited by ObeyCthulhu; 01-01-2020 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-01-2020, 07:20 PM

Hi - No it was later ones that I was looking for that are missing from the 1760-1884 B.T on Family Search (the mormon site)
May be worth visiting your local mormon church to check the Warkworth records that are only viewable there, when they reopen for business in a few weeks.
Old 12-01-2020, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeyCthulhu View Post
I was about to add the years i am missing are 1733 to 1736 in the transcript of the original registers from a CD. So this gap is in the records held at Woodhorn too? Bugger. Anyway, thank you for your prompt response!
I have the original transcript, not the CD, if that makes sense. 1733-1736 seems to be there if you can tell me what you're after.