View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 06:00 AM

Default Mark Douglas Claxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne View Post
Thanks for your information. I have done a bit of work on the Claxton family. Although John Claxton father of Robert, John and Jonas does not seem to appear on any of the census returns I found a John Claxton had a request for his masters certificate to be transmitted from Norfolk to Amble granted and issued at Amble on 4th May 1851. Son John also gained his masters certificate from Amble in 1859. He was married to Elizabeth Barry from Whitby. He appears to have sailed on the Lyra, Providence and Sea Flower. Robert and Jonas also passed their masters certificates. The only death which i can find for John Claxton born at Cley in Norfolk that fits the father is the one buried in Beech Road Cemetary with his wife Sarah. This all seems to fit. John Claxton sen. was my great great grandfather if this is correct.
Hi Anne
I have just recently come accross this thread about MD Claxton who was my great grandfather, I have done some research and have a tree on Ancestry.com which matches many of the details you have mentioned about a few generations of Claxtons. Some of it was new to me which was really exciting to learn, I am happy to share any information I have.
Regards Mark