Thread: Military Awards
View Single Post
Old 30-03-2021, 06:09 PM

Just noticed this posting on Robert Ditchburn and wondered if this could possibly be my grandfather on my dadas side. He was Robert Ditchburn of Marks Row Amble Northumberland. He was born Amble in 1887 to William James Ditchburn and Robina Murray. He served with the Tyneside Scottish as I have been told. He and his family (wife Georgina Chrisp) including my dad in 1927 immigrated to Alberta Canada, I have never heard of he being a POW and or injured in WW! however the wars were not discussed in our homes. I do know that Robert (my grandfather) only had one arm and I'm not quite sure for how long however. Roberts son Kenneth Aymer Ditchburn is listed on the Amble Memorial as he was KIA Italy 1944. Kenneth was born in Amble in 1914. Also do you have any info on a William Nicholas Murray who served with the Northumberland Fusiliers 35 Albert St. Amble. He would have been around the same age as Robert and a cousin on his mothers Murrays. Any info would be great. Thanks for your time, Cheers Georgina Ditchburn Stoesz