Thread: Magnet fishing
View Single Post
Old 24-09-2020, 03:24 PM

Default Magnet fishing

There seems to be a new hobby out there. It seems to combine fishing & metal detecting. I've only heard about it recently and there is a huge following on Youtube. You buy a special magnet with a long nylon cord attached and throw it over a bridge into a river. My magnet arrived yesterday and I've been out today to a local river . I must say it's great fun. The river I went to was very shallow and very silty so I caught "nowt" but it's early days .The guys on Youtube are bringing up safe's,money,medals,guns,ammo,phones,knives,swords ,infact everything people would throw away or want to get rid of. Checkout the video's ....just type in "magnet fishing" and check out the magnets on Ebay. There available in different kg's . I bought the 300kg but there are 100-200kg, 400-500kg and even 1000kg. Very powerfull magnets indeed ,some will pick up motorbike frames and safe's.
If anyone fancy's a go, buy a kit and post on here what you find. I just went out today alone but it's great fun and you just never know what you may find.