View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 01:57 AM

Location: After a lifetime of globetrotting finally settled in Thailand in 2000
Smile Bread!

Yes well I have been in there a few times but many years ago!!So around in Church street near the top was a chippy ,was it Hendersons?Now I was there every week at least once!!
I was in Amble in October last visiting an old friend and of course had a look at my old Grans house(rented)number 23 Church street which is now a second hand shop,the top floor was boarded of and that belonged to the drapers shop in Queen street so it ran all the way back to it(probaly for stock).Down the small alley on the left of 23 were two flats(maybe 3)and a communal laundryroom with a boiler ,mangle posh tub etc!One family (if memory is correct)was a mrs French who had a daughter married to a RAF man,I think she was Maltese?The other flat was an old lady I dont remember her name.I could not get down thinto the yard for junk!!num 23 had gas lights and no bathroom although there was an outside flush Loo(now knocked down ),I remember electricity being installed and coming back from school my gran took me round each room and showed me the switchs!!!