View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollydog View Post
Bet you can't name the ones you were at junior school with who went to the Dukes and Duchess in 1976 from that year group!! - the last year to do the 11 plus in Amble (George Young's year 4 class at Edwin st, Charlie Turnbull took us the year before and Mrs Dalby yr 2 Dovecote st and Mrs Gair before that) We even had a year at Cross st (ms Hopper?), talk about being mucked around!!
Can't let you youngsters have it all your own way I must be about 15 years ahead of you, Mrs Dalby and Mrs Gair were at Dovecote Street. Mrs Dalby was the daughter of our next door neighbour in Lindisfarne Rad, Mrs Bowey. Teachers at Edwin Street were Miss Fettis and Miss Purves, both very scary, Mr Pyle and Mr Donald. I think Miss Purves had taught in Amble forever. Mr Bowman was the headmaster and his son Anthony was in our class. Other pupils, Valerie White, Susan Londsdale, Susan Appleby, Vivian O'Keefe, Jennifer Guy, Jennifer Cuthbertson, Margaret Henderson, Patricia (Ann) Hall, Caroline Patterson, Linda Craiggs, John Highgate, David Purvis, David Blades, John Alcock, and now my mind's gone a blank....not infrequent occurrence at my great age

Last edited by janwhin; 10-04-2013 at 11:03 AM.