View Single Post
Old 22-02-2013, 10:36 PM

The scrapers in the video are stripping topsoil and subsoils on the Togston site.
The over bridge is infact the one built to carry the coal wagons from Togston along the coal road to Widdrington Disposal point. The road construction is adjacent to Acklington. The underpass is the one under the 3 lanes near Widdrington roundabout. The two electric face shovels loading the dumptrucks were filmed at Acklington site. The first was E69 a Ruston Bucyrus 150B loading Caterpillar 773B dumptrucks 50T capacity. The second was E79 a Ruston Bucyrus 195B loading Lectra Haul dumptrucks 100T capacity. The shots of Big Geordie being built are definitely at Radar North site, however the shots of it working may be Sisters site were it went after Radar North.

Regarding the fossilized tree, we went through a forest of these at West Chevington site in the overburden above the Bottom Beaumont seam. I'm not sure if this seam was worked at Radar North, it might have been too deep. I will ask my father who worked there.