Thread: New member
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 07:51 PM

Hi
I came across the Coquet and coast forum a year or two ago, well done to the members and subscribers to the forum.
My family came from Chevington Drift back in the day, my Grandparents William Green and his wife Mary Green (Nee Common) lived in Hedgehope Terrace ( maybe 36) in Chevington Drift 50's & 60's. They had 4 children Molly, John, Edna and Ernie Green.
Molly Green married Charles Guillon also from the drift abd lived at 76 Simmonsude Terrace before moving to Hadston when the drift was demolished. My Uncle John Green married Evelyn and lived in Swarland Terrace before moving into the Welfare Park. My Mother Edna married a Southerner John Buckingham ( not very well received by all accounts from family conversations I understand). Ernie Green built a house for his new wife Winnie next to The Petigrew's garage on Main Street but later moved away after problems with the garage owner. Saw a feature in the "News of the World"...
Spent so many happy summers in Red Row, I'm travelling up this weekend ( August 2018) to visit St John's Church in Hadston with some flowers.
Keep up the good work to everyone involved in this forum.
All the very best

Mick B.