Thread: Local History
View Single Post
Old 27-03-2018, 09:11 AM

Default Gloster Hill

Wow T, U have been busy, thanks!

With regards to Gloster Hill, I thought it might have been something from Korea as both the RNF & the Gloucestershire Reg't 28/LXI were there. I know the old Roman name for Gloucester was Glevum. I will have an ask about and see if anybody knows the origins of Gloster, I just thought it was an abbreviation of Gloucestershire (Glo'ster). Nice pics thanks, I think I must have only been up Gloster Hill once or twice!

Lovely Old drawings of Chapel Hill (I don't know as to why I keep calling it Chapel, or is that what we used to call it in Alnmouth?)
They remind me of the drawings I done for our Local History at School, what was the name of the Teacher, was he the Head Master? I used to spend lots of time transiting Chapel Hill on route to Volcano Hill, did I ever take you there? I'm sure the last time I went the sea had managed to get in & subsequently washed it away.

What about Amble Army Cadets, you know anybody that would have some old pics? I don't have any pics from when I was a Kid, I didn't get a Camera until I joined the Army.

You still got the Smarts Marble Bottle? I had to buy another years ago, it cost me a fortune!

Thanks Again
Laters
Ginge / Mav / Mavie