View Single Post
Old 18-06-2012, 02:38 PM

Thanks Alan for putting me straight on that. Having thought about what you say I think I have resurrected some vague memories of the Moorhouse Drift, but that may be just wishful thinking. I went up the road to the Hope Farm often, usually on my way to the Green Lonnen, so I don't know how I've forgotten, especially as I can remember so many things about Radcliffe very clearly. I do remember the screens by the side of the railway line at Newborough but I knew nothing of the drift there.

I've done a lot of local history research about where I live now (Wigan). I have had one book published and have a local history website http://www.wiganman.co.uk which is still there but I no longer add to it. When this site became defunct my wife suggested that I wrote about my upbringing in Radcliffe to pass on to my grandchildren so that the family's mining heritage will be remembered through the generations. This is proving to be a massive task which is difficult, because in Wigan I have no access to prime sources about Radcliffe.

Thanks again for sorting out the confusion over the drifts.