View Single Post
Old 17-09-2012, 08:57 AM

Default Chevington Crescent

Some family pics, sadly undated, to put with names found by Coquet :

1) Ref. Post #12
Sarah Ann Ferguson of East Parade., my mother's mother:

2) Sarah (left), my mother, Eleanor Ferguson Clarke (centre) [born 7/1918] & Sarah's sister Mary.

3) Ref. Post #13
George & Eleanor Clarke of 13 Chevington Cresc., my mother's grandparents:

4) James Robert Clarke, my mother's father
Pic captioned "T.A.Pringle Under Royal Patronage Amble"

5) James again, at his front door in C.Cresc., presumably no.13. I recall he had a greenhouse & allotment on the opposite side of the road just to the east of the row, near the stream.

6)James & Sarah outside 126 Woodside Crescent, Hadston, their home after being moved from Chevington. Sarah died in 1954 & James moved to St.Albans to live with us not long after.

Regarding the footpath to Red Row mentioned in the "Chevington Crescent" thread, as a schoolgirl, mother used to walk to the main road every day to catch the bus for the Duchess School in Alnwick, so this may be the route she used.

I imagine many families were moved to Hadston at the same time - certainly the Griffiths name rings a bell.

A coincidence - George was born in Norfolk but moved to Northumberland in the mid 1800's ; During WW2 in Northumberland, my mother met & married my father who was also born in Norfolk.

I hope this stuff will be of interest to someone!

David Mobbs

Last edited by Oldbloke64; 17-09-2012 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Picture links changed