Thread: New member
View Single Post
Old 14-08-2018, 05:34 PM

Default How Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by janwhin View Post
Welcome to the forum Mick, we'll be related then! Mary Green (nee) Common was my mother's cousin. My grandmother was Theodosia Common but all the Drift/Hadston Commons are descended from her brother, John.
Thank you Janwhin for your welcome message, it's a bit strange to find out on line that you're related to someone you've never met.

I've never really looked into my family history but I have handed over my emotional bond with Red Row and this beautiful part of the country to my grown up children, on the understanding that they keep it a secret. Otherwise it will end up like Cornwall.
I have taken my family to St John's Churchyard in Hadston/Red Row, we went there on Sunday 12th August 2018. The Green Family, The Common Family and the Lillico families are all well represented in the Cemetery. My Aunt Molly Guillon (Nee Green) lived in Hadston ( after the Drift) and was very involved with St John's Church. I came up from London for her Funeral 2010 (ish) to find she had made a lot of the Pew Cushions in the Church in her twi-light years.
My Mother, Edna Green's cousin Bob Common lived in Aldershot Hampshire, but our family list touch with the Commons side if the family as my Ma Edna died in 1966.

All the very best.
Mick