View Single Post
Old 17-12-2015, 09:02 PM

Default William Percy Bell

...this seems like a good place for this....
I’m trying to confirm a link between William Percy Bell, the husband of my Great Aunt, Elizabeth Ann Smailes and a William Percy Bell from Byker, son of Edward Bell(1852) the landlord of The Byker Tavern in 1880’s who had 4 children W.P.Bell, Margaret NOBLE Bell, Jacob Coxon Bell & Isabella Bell.
Jacob Coxon Bell emigrated to Canada and inlisted but was killed in France, he has a next of kin as his sister Isabella Winter ‘nee Bell living in Amble (1901 Middleton St) (1911 Acklington Rd) who has a child called Agnes NOBLE Winter(1903)
My G Aunt & W.P.Bell living in Canada named one of their 12 children Alfred NOBLE Bell but I haven’t found out where the ‘Noble’ comes from.
The Smailes lived in Byker prior to 1901 when they were living in Stanners as I have mentioned in other posts.
William Percy seems to have come back from Canada in 1905 to get himself a wife – my Great Aunt aged 18 when W.P Bell was 30, it doesn’t seem to improbable that they knew each other’s families, do you think the W.P Bells are one and the same.?are the Winters still in Amble?