View Single Post
Old 27-09-2015, 04:05 PM

I`ll have to take another look, the traffic light does appear to be showing amber in the picture, but I think that`s a trick of the light - the natural light, that is! At the scene looking at the lights I only saw the red and the green. Indeed I took a second picture before moving off when the traffic light changed from red to green. Maybe my eyes deceived me - wouldn`t be the first time. I`ll check.

No, I was making an allusion to the 200 yard road sign - and my eyes were not deceiving me here - 20 yards, yes! maybe a bit more - 25 - 30 yards - but 200 - No way is it 200 yards from that sign to the road works (the lane closure)!!

Might seem as splitting hairs by some, a minor point, but there are (struggling to avoid the use of `actually`) government regulations in regard to the placing of temporary road signs. What may appear trivial, of no consequence, could lead to an accident, or a series of accidents, and worse!

This particular road may be little used, an unclassified road, but the same rules apply - the same regulations as would apply to any other road. Something I feel very strongly about!

I`ll shut up now.