Thread: West Cemetery
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Administrator

The Cemetery workers have a small office near the entrance. A few years back I wanted to find the location of an unmarked grave from 1968. They had the register covering that burial there in the office, and they took me straight to the grave too.

I'm not sure now though what they have up there; best thing to do is contact the council clerk Elaine Brown, she might know

http://www.amble.gov.uk/contact-us/

Or If I can help I'll ask at the cemetery for you, if it's details of a single grave you want. As for a full list of burials, I don't think such a thing exists outside of the written burial registers.

I would like to see the East Cemetery burial registers transcribed. If they've gone to Woodhorn Archives then it won't be possible for me to do it due to their copying charges, (I doubt they would allow copying anyway, except by hand) but if they are still in Amble, and the holder is willing to have the pages photographed, then I'd be happy to do the transcription job, and put it online. After all my ancestors are in there in unmarked graves too.