Thread: Hello!
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 12:49 PM

Default Hello!

I've just joined, having found the Forum by accident in the last couple of days. I'm Ron Marshall, now living in Herefordshire, but I lived in Amble from 1950 to 1966, attending Cross Street Infants, Edwin Street Primary and later the Duke's School in Alnwick.

My Dad ran the Marshall's electrical contractors business (which used to be JT Tulley) based in the shop at the top of Church Street on the corner with Wellwood Street. He settled in the area after working on wiring Swarland Tweed Mills when he was working for a Manchester firm of electrical contractors. In the last few years before his retirement he served on both Amble Urban District Council and Warkworth Harbour Commissioners.

I have, somewhere, a number of photos taken around the harbour and Braid areas in the late 1960's (just before the staithes were being dismantled), which I'll now try to dig out and post in the Forum.

What a great Forum!... my initial browse brought back lots of fond memories of a very happy place to spend my childhood!