Thread: New member
View Single Post
Old 13-01-2015, 11:26 PM

Default New member

Greetings all - My lifelong interest in military history was borne from an upbringing in the US Air Force, with my family's military heritage originating with the raising of a Regiment of Foot in Scotland in the 1770's by the MacKenzies. Now I create veterans' medal displays ('shadowboxes' to some) for business, as a sidleine to my passion of collecting militaria. So here's my tie-in to your Website: last week I purchased at an antique store a Great War SWB - Silver War Badge - and have traced its impressed number to a James Loughridge. There were only 2 of that name in the Medal Index Cards at your archives in Kew (Oh forgot - I reside in Texas, USA !): one a Capt in the RAMC, one an Army Private. The badge is not sterling; it appears to be finely cast bronze, and is hung from a black silk riband of 19 cm. With the thread referencing the good Dr. Loughridge, I thought this would be the very man. My presumption is that a Dr./ Capt would spring for the commissioning of this beautiful piece more lkely than a Private. If someone (Coquet, I believe you've his BWM and Victory medals?) would like a foto, I'll try to post a foto. Best regards from across the pond -