Coquet and Coast Forum

Coquet and Coast Forum (https://www.coquetandcoast.co.uk/amble-northumberland/index.php)
-   New member zone (https://www.coquetandcoast.co.uk/amble-northumberland/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Shortridge Hall (https://www.coquetandcoast.co.uk/amble-northumberland/showthread.php?t=718)

Urodoc 08-08-2019 11:52 AM

Shortridge Hall

We have relatively recently moved into the Hall and are trying to create an archive. Does anyone have any photos or plans of the period when it was a care home or earlier.

Thanks in prospect

Mike Wyllie

hollydog 09-08-2019 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urodoc (Post 7777)
We have relatively recently moved into the Hall and are trying to create an archive. Does anyone have any photos or plans of the period when it was a care home or earlier.

Thanks in prospect

Mike Wyllie

A number of elderly Rotarians are still about who can enlighten you about the concept and fundraising that took place to enable the care home to open. May 24th 1975 when it opened, guest of honour was Jim Montgomery of 1973 Sunderland FA cup winning fame.

hollydog 09-08-2019 08:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Type Shortridge into the search bar in Amble in old photos on fb

Urodoc 12-08-2019 03:00 PM

Shortridge

Thanks for helpful suggestion. How do I find these old Rotarians?

hollydog 12-08-2019 07:03 PM

[QUOTE=Urodoc;7781]Thanks for helpful suggestion. How do I find these old Rotarians?[/QUOTE
They meet every other tuesday night at The Hermitage, a good number are on car park duty at Warkworth Flower Show next weekend, they have a facebook page and a web site
I'm not a member myself but knowing a few as I do I'm sure they would be very pleased to help you find information if you made contact.

Hadston-Green 26-10-2020 06:37 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Thanks in prospect

Mike Wyllie

A former resident

Hadston-Green 23-11-2020 03:33 PM

Photos

3 Attachment(s)
Photos of the Hall grounds

David Halliday 01-08-2021 08:29 PM

Staff at Shortridge Hall

Hello,
I wonder if you'll come up with any staff records from the Hall's hay-day. If so would you please look out for a cook called Mary Riddell please. That's my Grandmother and the story is muddled in my memory. Thanks.

Hadston-Green 01-11-2021 05:37 PM

Hidden Love Letters found at Shortridge Hall

4 Attachment(s)
From the Evening Chronicle 30 May 1994

During renovations hidden war-time love letters were found in a door frame at Shortridge Hall

Two photographs of the Hall were printed on the same page but were poorly reproduced in the source material scan.

See text scans below.

Hadston-Green 03-11-2021 04:43 PM

Shortridge Hall Love Letters retuned to owner

1 Attachment(s)
After 50 years the owner of the letters was found. Originally written in 1944

Newcastle Evening Chronicle 15 June 1994

Charming story

Hadston_Green 24-05-2022 05:12 PM

Farquhar Deuchar Obituary

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Thanks in prospect

Mike Wyllie

A 1947 obituary of Farquhar Deuchar who died aged 85 at Shortridge Hall