Coquet and Coast Forum
Don't forget to check out our sister site: Amble and District

Go Back   Coquet and Coast Forum > Intro Zone and General topics > General topics

We no longer use activation emails. Please allow 24h after sign up and your account should work

Old 02-02-2016, 12:28 PM

Default Medical Services

It's good to know that the general health of the locality was being looked after in 1797

"R. Fuller, SURGEON and MAN MIDWIFE, of Warkworth, begs leave to inform his friends and the public in general, that he intends to leave his present situation at Warkworth on Whitsuntide next, for AMBLE, a village not more than three-quarters of a mile distant from Warkworth aforesaid, where he purposes to do his business in his medical occupation with the most exact fidelity; and hopes to give the same satisfaction to his numerous friends which his punctuality, while at Warkworth, secured.
To accommodate the public in general, an attendance will be held at Warkworth, in a room for this purpose, every day, with the best medicines which can be purchased. And he returns his grateful acknowledgements for past favours. - Warkworth, Nov 15 1797
Newcastle Courant, 18th November 1797
Old 03-02-2016, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Nice early move to Amble. Wonder why he did that? Warkworth would still be bigger the village until 1840.

(sorry I'm late posting I'm preoccupied moving to a new computer - my old vista machine has to go I'm afraid, spent 13 hours moving stuff yesterday, still ongoing )