Coquet and Coast Forum
Don't forget to check out our sister site: Amble and District

Go Back   Coquet and Coast Forum > Intro Zone and General topics > New member zone

We no longer use activation emails. Please allow 24h after sign up and your account should work

Old 08-11-2015, 09:11 PM

Smile Hi from ARCA

Hello everyone

I'm here as someone representing ARCA (Amble Residents Cooperative Alliance) - we have a little used FB page plus website and are at present deliberately very slowly putting the word around among Amblers who may be interested in commiting themselves to being 'Core Members' - though by default every Ambler is a member/user of ARCA, it needs a reliable proactive core to push matters, etc,. Well anyway, if you want to know more about ARCA please see the website LoveAmble.co.uk which only has a page at present, but all the matters of concern and suggestions for consideration will be added by the end of 2015 with all the info necessary.

But I'm not here to discuss ARCA, nor to answer questions about it as this forum isn't the appropriate place. I'm here to join in with the forum, which is an amazing place with some very knowledgeable/admirable members. There are some matters where ARCA and the forum crossover - such as the push for a museum in Amble, but we'll get around to that in time; I think early next year would be more appropriate to discuss plans as Xmas is most people's focus now.

My name's Jo. My professional/personal interest on this forum is the history of Amble and its location; particularly prehistory and landscape archaeology. I'm currently researching these matters to put it into an ARCA report booklet for publication asap next year - I've most everything necessary; just a few gaps to fill (esp. getting images/drawings).

My main concern these days is the damage that mass market tourism is doing to Amble, plus the pace of rapid and unwelcome 'development' that's occurring in order to fulfil the CC's regional economic plan, which is being pushed by the Trust and TC under the guise of claiming it is all "good" for Amble and will benefit our community - which is frankly bunkum, because it destroys the very reasons why Amblers love living in Amble.

My other BIG passion r.e. Amble is our nature and geology and environmental archaeology. As far as I'm concerned our coast with its dunes LNR and Ramsar Zone define Amble as a beautiful, unique and precious place. I litter pick on the dunes virtually every day and do what I can to ensure our coast is safeguarded, which is a big matter for ARCA that will be pursued with vigour next year after a couple more likeminded people into Amble's natural assets have joined the Core.

My very best wishes to you all.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:16 AM
Administrator

Hi Jo welcome to the forum.

I have a particular interest in the Geology as well. Amble does not have the high drama of the section to the north towards Cullernose Point, which is recognised as significant on a national, if not international scale, but it does have a few interesting features.

Is your organisation part of Amble Development Trust? I see the loveamble.co.uk domain redirects to loveamble.com which is registered at 6 Dilston Terrace in the whois database.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:49 PM

Interesting, thanks Coquet

Last edited by hollydog; 09-11-2015 at 06:52 PM.
Old 04-02-2016, 01:57 PM

Hi Coquet
I can assure you ARCA has nothing to do with Amble Development Trust. She seems to like using our address though.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:38 PM
Administrator

OK, I was wondering about that. Thought you might even be providing a hosting and domain name service for locals.

I suppose you can submit any details you like to the whois registry.