Coquet and Coast Forum
Don't forget to check out our sister site: Amble and District

Go Back   Coquet and Coast Forum > Local History, Genealogy, People and Places > Amble and Hauxley

We no longer use activation emails. Please allow 24h after sign up and your account should work

Old 13-10-2016, 02:58 PM

Default Wright family

I have recently found reference to Walter Henry Wright who I believe to be my Great Uncle. He married a lady named Annie Johnstone in 1917 in Gosforth Wesleyan Chapel. In 1939 he is registered as living in Byron Street in Amble. I believe he died in 1950 and Annie in 1949. At the time of the marriage Walter was serving in the Army Service Corps.
Has anyone come across these characters in their research
Old 13-10-2016, 08:55 PM

Hang on for a contact soon, his grandson George Gray is on this site.
Old 07-11-2016, 12:19 PM

Thanks for your message Alan but so far no luck with a reply. I may well have a look to see if I can find any trace of Annie or Walter in local cemeteries. They don't appear to be in Amble West so I guess it might mean a trip to the Archives in Newcastle for their marriage details and then see what else appears. Still, its a good reason to come up to Northumberland!
Old 07-11-2016, 07:57 PM

Don't know what has happened to George Gray, his mother was the daughter of Annie and Walter Wright. As a child in the late 40's/ early 50's I lived in the same backlane to them. They lived in Byron Street. They will have been buried in Amble West Cemetery but unfortunately there is no index on line for there at the moment unlike Amble East. I have sent a personal message via here to George but he must not be coming on site and checking at the moment. Keep looking,

Alan J.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:44 PM

That's brilliant, thank you very much for that - I'll still come up to Amble though!