Coquet and Coast Forum
Don't forget to check out our sister site: Amble and District

Go Back   Coquet and Coast Forum > Intro Zone and General topics > New member zone

We no longer use activation emails. Please allow 24h after sign up and your account should work

Old 25-01-2013, 11:43 AM

Supercol, just found the marriage of Robert and Elizabeth Darling and as I thought, since I couldn't find it anywhere else, it was a cross border one at Lamberton Toll, Berwickshire.
Nov 7 1835, Robert Darling to Elizabeth Persey, both of Howick. Witnesses Wm Persey and Isabella Fulton.
For Persey, I think it would probably be Percey.

Cross border marriages were pretty common in Northumberland, especially if the people involved were Methodists and didn't want to go into the Church of England! My 2x gt grandparents were wed at Lamberton in 1854.
Old 25-01-2013, 08:36 PM

....I'm sure they are...so we are kinda related..in a second cousin twice removed way.......?!?!
Old 25-01-2013, 10:07 PM

I think that sort of sums it up, or as they say in olden North Eastern....freends
Old 27-01-2013, 08:01 PM

Thumbs up

I went to see my Day on Staurday amd he said thet Les Baston rang him out of the blue, but mentioned that someone had posted about Les being his best man etc on this forum thingy......I told him it was me...He was dead chuffed...I think he may be registering in the next few weeks, he also said that I could rake through some old photo's and post them on here if I fancied it...so look out...more to come!
Old 27-01-2013, 09:49 PM

I told Les last week, I showed him the post on my work computer. He also pointed out (he won't thank me for this!!) that if you look at the picture of his lorry I posted, you can just see his feet on the far side as he is er em relieving himself!
Old 29-01-2013, 06:35 PM

Default Kennedys sweet shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercol View Post
Yep, Norman was my Grandad and his wife was called Theodosia (you don't see that everyday now...)
Yes, I remember my daily trips to your grandparents shop after school when I had an odd 3d pocket money! Thinking back he must have been a really patient bloke. Always a treat to get a Walls ice-cream; he had to unwrap an individual choc-ice sized block from the freezer at the front of the shop and put it into a cone for you!
I remember he was an avid Sunderland supporter? Recall your gran working there too. Good bloke.
Old 21-03-2014, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercol View Post
Hello Everyone.....who am i?..well I was born in Ashington in 1970 and lived in Amble at 16 Edwin Street until about 1976 when my family moved to North Humberside near Hull. My Father worked in Amble as a Plumber for Rowles. My Fathers parents lived in Amble at 4 Lindisfarne road next door to Bill Bell and Mr and Mrs Lillico , Mrs Straffen lived opposite them in a large bungalow. They were in their eighty's when they moved nearer to the family near Hull.
My Grandfather ran a tobacconist and confectionary shop in Amble where Marks Pet supplies is now (Thanks Google Street Maps).
My grandmother was born in Warkworth where her parents ran a bakers ( I believe)
We brought my grandparents ashes back "home" and up until a few years ago was still a regular visitor to Amble - but sadly not for the past few years as we now have a young family.
Still in love with the coast line and castles and have many happy memories of my life spent up in Amble and surrounding area.
Will be showing the kids around the area sometime this year - fingers crossed.

..anyway...that's me.
Hi there. It was only a matter of time before my dad, Les Baston was mentioned on here!! And hello again, Colin, we met many years ago when your parents came back to Amble for a visit. My Dad, at the age of 70, is still working and driving his Seddon Atkinson. Hope you are well and say Hi to your mam and dad. Clare x
Old 18-07-2014, 04:39 PM

Default Kennedy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by janwhin View Post
Norman Kennedy's it was.
Best sweet shop I've ever been in, and a really nice man.